Ultraviolet (UV) rays of light are known for their antiseptic and sterilizing properties. UV lights are used in hospitals, industrial settings and a myriad of other commercial spaces because of their extensive cleaning capabilities. You can rely on UV technology to kill bacteria, mold and fungus. Because of these cleansing properties, UV light is extremely well suited to clean the interior of your air conditioning unit, which is susceptible to massive amounts of condensation and standing water.
Because air conditioning systems rely on a complex series of ducts and coils to operate successfully, they are often breeding grounds for mold and other unsavory types of airborne pathogens.
If you are having a new AC installation in Panama City, FL performed, you should ask your technician about the possibility of placing a UV light system inside of your new air conditioning unit.
Benefits of in-unit UV systems
Purchasing a new UV light system along with your AC installation in Panama City, FL is an excellent way to ensure that your new air conditioner is able to run at its best for years to come. Here are just some of the benefits of selecting a UV light to go along with your new air conditioning system:
- Kills pathogens: UV light kills bacteria and fungi. This means that you and your loved ones will be healthier, because there will no longer be dangerous pathogens circulating on your air conditioner coils.
- Eliminates odors: Fungi, algae and other undesirable pathogens often emit unpleasant odors once they are established inside of your air conditioning system. Installing UV lights is a great way to keep your home smelling pleasant and clean.
- Reduces condensate pipe clogs: You can make maintenance on your HVAC system substantially easier by installing a UV light. Because UV light discourages algae growth, it can keep plant matter from forming on and in your condensate pipes.
Costs and maintenance
Because you are essentially adding a component to your HVAC system, there are operational costs and maintenance expenses that you should budget for before installing a new UV equipped air conditioning system:
- Energy costs: While most UV light bulbs designed for consistent use are designed to be exceedingly energy efficient, they will be running at all hours of each and every day to keep pathogens from forming on your coils. Typically, households can expect to pay roughly $25 yearly in additional electrical expenses.
- UV light maintenance: UV bulbs are typically designed to last for one year of consistent use. You can time your bulb replacement to coincide with your standard HVAC maintenance appointment, meaning that arranging to have a new bulb installed can be easy and incredibly cost-effective.
Since 1985, Complete Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Inc. has been a premier provider of new AC installation in Panama City, FL. You can rely on us to deliver high-quality, sensible solutions to your air conditioning and refrigeration needs. We are proud to offer high-quality UV lighting systems for air conditioners. We can help you maximize your air quality, and protect the health and safety of yourself, your pets and your loved ones.
Categorised in: UV Light
This post was written by admin