Walk-in refrigerators make it possible for businesses to store large quantities of perishable items safely. Commercial refrigerators are responsible from keeping food products safe from bacterial growth that can be caused from exposure to heat. Without these walk-in refrigerators, businesses would run the risk of distributing unsafe food products and would also be vulnerable to fines and citations from health inspectors.
As a business owner, it’s essential that you know how to properly care for your commercial refrigeration equipment so that it continues to operate effectively to ensure food safety.
Refrigeration Maintenance Tips
- Wash frequently: You should sweep and mop the floor of your walk-in on a weekly basis to clear away debris and keep the surface clean. You should use soap and water to wash down other surfaces in your refrigerator on a regular basis or when there’s a spill.
- Inspect blades and coils: You should inspect your fan blades and evaporator coils every three or four months for signs of damage or excessive wear. When you inspect blades and coils, take some time to clean them to clear away dirt and debris that may have built up.
- Clear away clutter and debris: It’s important that the area around your condenser unit is kept clear of clutter and debris that might obstruct airflow. Make sure that nothing is stored too close your condenser unit and keep floors around your unit clean to ensure proper air circulation.
- Check hinges and seals: The hinges and seals on your refrigerator doors are especially susceptible to wear and damage since they get such heavy use. You should always pay attention to signs of excessive wear including squeaking hinges and tears in your seals. Thankfully, these things are usually pretty easy to replace.
- Keep an eye on the temperature: The temperature in your refrigerator is essential when it comes to food preservation so you should always be aware of temperature fluctuations. If you notice a sudden change in temperature, it’s important that you get in touch with a technician who can diagnose the problem and get things working properly again.
- Get professional assistance: When in doubt, you can always get commercial refrigeration services in Panama City, FL from a professional technician. Working with a professional is the most convenient way to ensure that your equipment is working as effectively, efficiently and safely as possible.
Get Commercial Refrigeration Services in Panama City, FL
When it comes to keeping your commercial refrigeration equipment in working order, it’s essential to get help from a professional technician who can offer expert service and repair.
When you work with Complete Air Conditioning & Refrigeration, Inc., you can feel confident that you are going to get the best service possible. We are proud to be a locally owned and operated company with decades of experience serving a wide range of customers in the area. Our team of technicians has experience working on a wide variety of brands and models and providing a wide range of services.
Find out more about what we can do for you by giving us a call today.
Categorised in: Commercial Refrigeration Services
This post was written by Writer