When your heating system isn’t working and you think you need heating repair in Panama City, FL, there are a number of different issues that could be the culprit. In searching for the problem though, many homeowners often overlook the fact that the issue might not be with the heating system as a whole, but with the operation of the thermostat. Here are a few things to be on the lookout for that could signal that it is time to install a new thermostat in your home:
- Furnace won’t turn on: Typically, when the furnace doesn’t come on, your first assumption is naturally that something is wrong with the actual furnace. But before you assume the worst, try double checking the wiring on your thermostat. It could be that your thermostat is in an unfavorable location that causes it to malfunction, or there is a short in the wiring that isn’t allowing the unit to communicate with the furnace properly.
- Furnace won’t turn off: On the other end of the spectrum, some homeowners find that while the furnace turns on with no problem, it doesn’t turn off even after the desired temperature has been reached. In these instances, the issue could be that the thermostat has been placed in an area that is too cold and won’t allow for proper function. Alternatively, there could be a programming error with the thermostat that is preventing it from stopping when it is supposed to.
- Dirty thermostat: Not only does a dirty thermostat indicate that it has been around for a long time, but this debris and dust could actually be affecting the operation of your furnace. If this residue is allowed to build up on the electrical wiring that powers the thermostat, the unit and subsequently your entire heating system could malfunction as a result.
- Thermostat screen won’t turn on: If you notice that your thermostat’s electronic screen is only lighting up some of the time, try turning the unit off and back on, or check the manual to learn how to perform a factory reset. If these efforts don’t work, it could signal that it is time to have a professional install a new thermostat for you.
- Differing temperatures: If the temperatures in your home vary significantly from room to room, it could also be a sign that something is causing your thermostat to shut your heating system on and off when it is not supposed to. This prevents the rooms that are farther away from the central unit from receiving the same amount of heat as the rooms that are closer, and you will need a heating specialist to come and take a look at your thermostat right away.
If you are having thermostat problems or think that a larger issue needs heating repair in Panama City, FL, contact the team at Complete Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Inc. We can help determine just what the issue is, as well as make the necessary repairs so that you and your family aren’t caught without heat this winter. To learn more, give us a call or pay us a visit today!
Categorised in: Heating Repair
This post was written by Writer