How Often Should You Have Your Ductwork Cleaned?April 11, 2018 10:58 pm Leave your thoughts
The air ducts in your home or business are designed to last between 10 and 15 years, which is why many people forget about them once they are installed. This “out of sight, out of mind” philosophy may prove problematic for your HVAC system, however. Air ducts can accumulate a lot of dust and dirt over time, as well as mold and bacteria from pests, which is why you might want to look into getting them cleaned.
If you are concerned about the quality of the air inside your home or business, contact an AC service in Panama City, FL and talk to them about having your ducts cleaned. While there is no hard and fast rule for cleaning your air ducts, there are some general guidelines for how often it should be done and the benefits you might experience.
In general, it’s recommended that you have your ducts cleaned once every three to five years, although this might vary depending on how often you run your HVAC system. Additionally, if you have pets that shed hair or dander, or if you live with someone with severe asthma or respiratory issues, you may want to have your ducts cleaned more regularly.
Duct cleaning typically costs between $400 and $1,000, so it’s important to work with a reliable AC service in Panama City, FL that will do the job right so you can reap the following benefits:
- Improved air quality: While the effects of duct cleaning have not been proven, many homeowners and business owners agree that cleaning their air ducts has improved the quality of the air inside the building. Cleaning ducts helps remove any and all mold spores, dust, dirt and bacteria that can get circulated through your home. This is especially beneficial for people with asthma or allergies.
- Deep system clean: During duct cleaning, your air ducts are not the only things that get cleaned. Your HVAC system as a whole, including supply and return air ducts, heat exchangers and evaporator coils, will be cleaned.
- More efficient HVAC system: Cleaning your ducts can make your furnace or AC run more efficiently. An excess of dust can force your system to work harder to heat or cool your home, causing additional breakdowns and driving up your utility bills. Keeping the dust to a minimum will help it run smoother for longer.
Signs you need duct cleaning
If you can’t remember the last time your ducts were cleaned, or are unsure of whether duct cleaning is right for you, look for these signs, then speak with an HVAC professional:
- Mold or rodents: If you suspect there is mold growing in your air ducts or have evidence of an infestation of rodents or pests living in your ducts, you should have your system cleaned to remove any harmful bacteria or spores that might make their way through your building.
- Visible dust: If you see dust coming out of your registers when the heat or AC is running, there is likely an excess buildup of dust in your vents that should be removed.
- After home remodeling: Home remodeling projects can result in lots of dust and debris that makes its way into your ventilation system. Duct cleaning can remove these particles.
For reliable, personalized solutions to heating and cooling in your home or business, contact Complete Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Inc. For over 30 years, our team has provided top-quality heating and AC service in Panama City, FL, as well as commercial refrigeration and icemaker services. Get in touch with us today!
Categorised in: AC Service
This post was written by Writer