Hot HVAC Tips for a Florida WinterNovember 14, 2018 2:00 am Leave your thoughts
In Florida, we get to enjoy relatively mild weather and warmer days during the winter months. While you won’t have to worry about snowfall, frosty mornings or frigid daytime temperatures, it can still get pretty chilly sometimes, even in Florida. When you start using your heating system to warm up your home, you might notice your energy costs start to spike. While you might not be able to completely avoid an increase in your energy costs, there are things that you can do to mitigate these costs and maximize the efficiency of your HVAC in Panama City, FL. Read on to learn more:
- Take advantage of programmable thermostats: Using programmable thermostats can reduce your energy bills significantly. Programmable thermostats can turn your heating system off during the day when you’re not home and at night when you’re bundled up in bed to ensure the most efficient use of energy possible. If you don’t already have a programmable thermostat installed, consider investing in one. The initial investment may be well worth it in the long run thanks to the potential energy savings.
- Improve your home’s insulation: If heat is escaping out of your home through cracks and weak points, you’re wasting money. Reinforce weak insulation in your attic and make sure you seal up holes and cracks in your home that may be contributing to drafts. For your HVAC in Panama City, FL to work efficiently, you must have strong insulation in your home.
- Inspect ductwork: Your ductwork is responsible for carrying air from your furnace to different parts of your home, but it doesn’t always work as effectively as it should. Cracks and leaks in ductwork can cause air to seep out before it reaches its destination. This means that your system will have to work harder to moderate the temperature in your home. It’s a good idea to have ductwork cleaned and inspected on a regular basis to improve the efficiency of your system.
- Layer up: When you’re at home, wear socks, long sleeves and warm pants to keep yourself feeling cozy when the temperatures outside drop. If you wear warmer clothing, you won’t feel the need to crank your heating system up quite as high, and you can save energy.
- Maintain your HVAC system: One of the best ways that you can improve the efficiency of your HVAC system is by investing in regular maintenance. A professional technician can replace your filters, clean your system components and handle small repairs to boost the overall performance and efficiency of your system.
You can get more efficiency tips by reaching out to the experts at Complete Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Inc. We specialize in commercial and residential HVAC in Panama City, FL, and we are proud to offer repairs, maintenance and services that are designed to keep your systems running as effectively and efficiently as possible. After decades of experience providing comprehensive HVAC services, we are confident that we can assist you with the heating and cooling solutions you need for your home or business. Reach out to us today to get started with a consultation and to find out more about what we can offer you.
Categorised in: HVAC
This post was written by Writer